During the times when I was desperate to try anything and everything in hopes of getting pregnant, a Chinese acupuncturist referred me to a wonderful physician who specialized in integrative medicine.
I remember our consultation, and her hand written notes for a recommended “diet” that would support an increased chance of pregnancy and fertility. I don’t remember this physician’s name, but she was kind and informative. For many weeks I followed this diet, and while it didn’t seem to help me, I wanted to share with those that may be interested.
This information is from 2005. If you google this topic there are many blogs and much information on this but I am glad to see that most of the recommended foods are exactly what I was told from this doctor.
- Take a daily Vitamin D supplement
- Drink more water!
- Protein drink – Jay Robb Protein Powder
- ½ cup of blueberries – POM
- 1 tbsp of flaxseed (ground and frozen)
- Steel cut oats
- 3 cups /1 cup oat – Whole Foods
- Walnuts – Omega 3s
- Boiled eggs, turkey sausage, sprouted grain muffin
- Sprouted grain bread
- Brown rice cakes and almond butter
- Veggie tray and hummus
- Turkey breast and avocado
- Fruit and protein drink
- Amy’s soups – carrot ginger cashew
- Pumpkin or squash soup
- Lentil soup
- Beets – boil and rinse (about 40 min)
- Whole grains – quinoa, millet, wild rice, brown rice
- Salmon – olive oil
- 1 meat, 1 whole grain, 2 veggies
- Chopped veggies + meat + Amy’s Soups
- Omega pasta, brown rice pasta
- Sweet potatoes (high in progesterone)
There is no question that perhaps just as important as diet and exercise, is minimizing and managing emotional and mental stress, and I believe in the power of the mind and positive thinking, and having faith. If all else fails, please try the fertility buddha Goddess, or Fertility Guan Yin statue (below). She helped me get my daughter Claire when all else failed. Good luck!