Join the Healthy Kids Movement!
- Provide an alternative to the overuse of prescription medications in kids.
- Share with children and families effective diet and lifestyle solutions that get results.
- Prevent and treat our kids’ common chronic ear, nose and throat symptoms.
- Get otherwise healthy children out of the medical system.
- Empower kids, families, caregivers, communities and physicians.
You and your family can join the movement today. The messages, ideas, resources, tools and other information from Dr. Julie Wei will help you:
"Parents often don’t recognize that what their child is eating is the culprit behind certain health issues like MCD because of the positive associations we have in our culture around snacking." – Dr. Julie Wei
According to Dr. Julie Wei:
- Too many kids always have a "cold" or are always "sick." They have symptoms or may even be chronically unwell. But they aren’t sick in a medical sense.
- The problem is that too many kids have an unhealthy diet and poorly timed eating habits. When combined, symptoms of more serious illnesses show up as MCD. As a consequence, kids are given medications.
- Medical interventions aren’t effective because the real cause of the condition has not been identified or effectively treated.
Are you making the connection? Could this be your kid? Do you want more information? Get Started with Dr. Julie Wei and the Healthy Kids Movement to grow your awareness.
- Learn more about the "Milk and Cookie Disease".
- Grab a copy of Dr. Wei's books: A Healthier Wei and Acid Reflux In Children.
- Read Dr. Wei’s blog.
- Watch Dr. Wei's Tedx talk, The Hidden Dangers of MCD.
- Take an online assessment.
"A lot of the suffering I see in my patients is the direct result of bad choices about what and when to eat. It’s how they got MCD. There are easier ways than medicine and surgery to fix the problems that these bad choices create." – Dr. Julie Wei
Just some of the culprits leading to MCD are:
- Giving kids too much sugar, preservatives and acid.
- Snacking at all times of the day, especially before bed.
- Falling for advertising and modern conveniences.
- Not reading food labels.
- Not getting enough exercise and sunlight.
Do any of these sound familiar? Is it time to make some changes? Let’s get real. Work with Dr. Julie Wei and become accountable for your diet and lifestyle choices.
- Download Dr. Wei's challenges and checklists to support you in making changes.
- Start a conversation with your kid about the impact of food.
- Educate your spouse or partner about MCD.
- Take an online course.
"I’d like to see the entire healthcare industry and food industry from the farm to the market recognize MCD and make changes to reclaim every child’s natural health." – Dr. Julie Wei
Find out how you can share Dr. Julie Wei's message in your community:
What are the diets and lifestyles like of other families and their kids?
Start a conversation with other parents and caregivers.
Learn more about what happens at your child's school.
Start a conversation with your child's teachers and principal.
As a parent, it's our job to be our child's best advocate.
Start a conversation with your child's physician.
Are you ready to do more? Are you passionate about Healthy Kids?
Help Dr. Julie Wei advance the Healthy Kids Movement.
- Download conversation guides.
- Take an online course.