Figs are high in fiber and a good source of calcium, not to mention, they are delicious! This mission fig salad recipe is a tasty and healthy addition to any meal or a meal all on its own.
- 8-10 ripe mission figs
- 6-8 oz of spring mix
- 8 cherry tomatoes—halved
- 2 oz of goat cheese
- drizzle of honey
- balsamic glaze salad dressing
- Cut the stem and bottom off of figs. Then cut each fig in half.
- Place the salad mix into a bowl. Sprinkle tomatoes and figs on top.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Drizzle with balsamic dressing and a little bit of honey.
- Optional: add cubed fresh mozzarella or sprinkle almond slices, if desired.