My family and I love french toast for breakfast, and I wanted to share my favorite recipe with you!
- 1 loaf of Challah bread
- Sprinkle of powdered sugar
For the batter:
- 1 cup of oat milk
You can also use almond, soy or cow milk, if you prefer.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cap-full of Cointreau (French Orange Liqueur)
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- 1 cap-full of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of granulated white sugar
The white sugar helps it caramelize while it's cooking.
The best bread to use for french toast—Challah bread.
- To create the batter, add the following ingredients to a mixing bowl: oat milk, eggs, Cointreau, cinnamon, vanilla and white sugar.
- Mix the batter using a whisk.
- Cut the Challah bread into thick slices.
- Dip each piece of bread into the mixture ensuring both sides are well-coated.
- Place the dipped bread onto a pre-heated (medium) griddle or in a pan.
- If the side being cooked has turned brown (3-5 minutes), flip each piece. Push down on each piece to make sure the eggs get cooked.
- Once both sides are cooked, place them on a plate and garnish them with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- Serve with fresh fruit, eggs and bacon for a delicious and hearty meal to start the day!
In the following video, I prepare the batter and cook the french toast. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more videos to support the health of you and your children!